Can you say "Fall Paducah?!"

Many of you know that I belong to the local quilt club. This year I had the pleasure of being the chairperson for the show. I have to say it was a lot of work! However, the ladies that have been doing this for years made my job so much easier. I can't thank them enough. Although the show was only three days, with setup and take down, I was at the facility for six. I felt like I was living out of my truck at times! Norah, my thirteen month old daughter, had a ball while she was there with all of her adopted grandmamas. I brought her little trike with me and she was so cute being wheeled around the gym. 


Anyways... I am finally recouping and thought I would share this quilt with you! Can you say labor of love?! Martha came to me in late December and said Brianne I have a quilt for you...  It was from designer Yoko Saito and Martha named it "Enchanted Village". She had several images of the quilt done by others and how they had quilted it. This was my interpretation...


This entire quilt is appliqued. I mean seriously?! Martha spent two years working on this quilt. The detail behind every scene is remarkable. I could have spent hours looking at this quilt... oh wait I did when I was quilting it! Lots of times longarm quilters have a quilt and they are on it for so long that they never get a chance to see it hanging, complete with binding, in all its glory. I am so glad Martha entered this quilt into our show. To see it hanging was a statement. I was very happy with how the quilting turned out.


Do you see the heart above the door in the picture below? How about the leaves on the willow tree? Not one detail was left unfinished!


All the windows were embroidered. Even the cat has whiskers and the water fountain has water! In my quilting I went around every window, every house, every roof line, all in monofilament thread. It was labor intensive.


In the fill work I did match the thread to the background.


There is a lot of interpretation with this quilt. Where do you think these stairs go to? Perhaps another village? 


Do you see the cat on the roof?


I just can't get enough...


Our quilt show does do ribbons based on public votes. "Enchanted Village" won first place Medium Category. In my opinion it should have won Best of Show. However, it is going to Fall Paducah! What an honor! 















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Place

Hello :)

Tulip Fields