Happy Halloween... In November

I hope everyone is having a blessed day! I never realized when I had a baby my life would change forever! No longer do I get to quilt for 5+ hours a day. It is thirty minute sessions spread throughout, and if I am lucky and she takes a nap I might get an hour. :) I wouldn't have it any other way. The tired, coffee filled days are marked by Norah's milestones, currently working on saying "Mama", and the quilts that I am so blessed to work on. Can we just take a moment to see how cute my little one is and my almost three year old sister!

Happy Halloween! 

Remember my quilt "Triple Diamonds"? Look under the July tab.. "Folks... We have a Winner". It won 1st Place Large Quilts at our Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt Club here in Sequim. I wanted to put it into Paducah, but I don't think I have perfected a pattern yet, and I am always improving on my technique as a machine quilter. One day it will happen! Anyways, my dear client Sharon pieced my pattern and she sent it to me to be quilted. I just had to think of a new way to quilt it. This is the dance that came about....


I love continuous curves.


 This above photo captures the true difference in the two quilts. The curves that I put into Sharon's quilt are in complete contrast to my straight lines and fill work.
Quilt hanging up. 
Sharon's piecing is fabulous! All her points are perfect and quilting is a dream! Love her work.



 This quilt features Quilter's Dream Wool Batting and Superior So Fine #50 threads.


 I really enjoyed all the different textures achieved in this quilt It really makes the designs stand alone and yet compliments it at the same time. There is a special balance to quilting.




The border treatment of the two quilts is opposing too. I really enjoy creating different quilting designs for the same quilt. It makes each quilt unique.


I do a complimentary service of squaring and surging the quilts for clients so putting the binding on is a dream. It is the little things in quilting that make it so enjoyable.




Happy Thanksgiving from the Reed, Moores, Levesque Family! Can't explain how much I love all of these beautiful people!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Place

Hello :)

Tulip Fields