Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a fabulous time with friends and family. I know I sure did! There is something magical about Christmas that I just can't pinpoint. Maybe it is the cozier weather, the coming of Christ, the beautiful decorations in my little town, and the overall joy of people on the street. It is just magical. What was even better was getting to share it with Norah.... who is six months old already! Where has the time gone!?

Having fun with reindeer antlers! 
In my mind I wanted to take all the kids (my younger brother, 9,  my sister, 3, and Norah) to Lazy J and actually cut our own tree down. Who am I kidding?! We went to the JC Penny parking lot after a run to Costco and picked out this tree. Luckily I found the bin of Christmas stuff from last year and had lights and ornaments! It was so fun to listen to Christmas music while decorating with the family. Norah loved sitting in her bouncer and watching us decorate.
Norah's first Christmas tree.
 Christmas Eve we went to evening mass. We came home and let the kids open one present each. What joy it was to watch them light up over their presents. I even got to open a present... full of wine goodies! Thank you to my brother who knows me so well.

Little Miss loved opening presents. She preferred the wrapping paper to the actual present on most occasions. What fun!
Fun opening presents
 New Year's Eve we went to Finn River Cider Farm in Chimacum. If you haven't been, seriously go! It was so fun! I got a flight of ciders (my favorite is the Pear) and we sat in their pavilion, which is heated, and listened to music and had a good family time. Kids are welcomed and they even have a Crepe Wagon that looks delicious! When I am done with my Whole30, I am going to have one!


After a festive December, it was nice to ring in the New Year at home and relax. Even Lucy was tired.
Even Lucy was worn out after the festivities!
How many UFO's do you have? At quilt club on Wednesday they are going to try and set something up for all of us who have unfinished projects. The lady in charge called these projects "PIGS" Projects in Grocery Sacks. I have quite a few "pigs" in my bins! But what is one more?! Look at this beautiful quilt pattern. It is called "Cranberry Chutney" by Madison Cottage. I am loving the fall look of this one. My goal this year is to make a quilt, somewhere around wall size, to hang on the wall during the holidays. I think I will start with a Christmas one so I will have in 340+ days. :)
"Cranberry Chutney" by Madison Cottage. 

Welcome to 2018 everyone! Many blessings on you and your families and happy quilting too! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Place

Hello :)

Tulip Fields