Modern Queen

Today has been a wonderful day. The weather was absolutely gorgeous! 63 and sunny, who could ask for a better day? Little Miss spent the day with Nana so Mama was able to get some work done! I wanted to share these beautiful quilts that a lovely lady named Jo, brought over from Bainbridge Island. 

I really enjoy doing my micro work on custom quilts. However, not every quilt needs custom quilting to show it off. The quilt below was for Jo's granddaughter. I love how modern it is! We decided to do an edge to edge on this quilt. The wonky medallion is beautifully offset. The use of the modern edge to edge design, "Dazzle" by Urban Elementz, really looks beautiful on this quilt. 

"Dazzle" by Urban Elementz

Here is another little quilt, I believe it was for a very special puppy. I used the same "Dazzle" edge to edge on this quilt. It definitely keeps the quilt modern!

One lucky pup gets this quilt.

Oh my goodness! Look at this beauty! I wish I had the talent to create something like this quilt. I love the use of color, the free spirit that goes into making a quilt like this, and the design! It is so free and yet structured. This edge to edge design is called "Take Five" by Urban Elementz. I really enjoy the modern look of this design on this quilt. Your eye first sees the white of this quilt and then travels to the beautiful fabrics Jo incorporated into the quilt. The next thing your eye is drawn to is the quilted triangles. A perfect example of complimenting the quilt and not overpowering it with a quilted design.

"Take Five" by Urban Elementz

This blue/green/orange quilt was the last one to be done for Jo. I used the same "Take Five" design on this quilt with a variegated thread by Madeira. You can barely see the quilting on this as the pattern on the fabric is super busy. This is a perfect example of a busy quilt that needed a complimentary edge to edge design. Although these quilts were quilted with the same edge to edge design the look of them is night and day.

"Take Five" by Urban Elementz

If you like to quilt with edge to edge designs I highly recommend Urban Elementz designs. They have a plethora of designs to choose from. Their designs are very simple to follow, and they nest easily with the next quilted row. I really like the size of them too, not too loose and not too tight. Go check them out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Place

Hello :)

Tulip Fields