Traveling Quilter

Many of you know that my little family and I have relocated to Kalamazoo, Michigan! The entire process has been a whirlwind of an adventure. In April, Tommy, my husband, applied for a Electricians Apprenticeship here in MI. Three months later he was leaving me and the girls behind in Washington to trek out east and begin a new career. This left me with a laundry list t
hings to do!

Downsizing almost 1000 square feet of studio space into a 7x14 trailer along with minimal household items was a chore! I had many friends who came to take fabric and goodies off my hands. Needless to say it was a very heavy trailer for our truck to pull... but everything made it safe and sound!

It was extremely sad to leave Washington and my family, especially my Mimi. Building a life there for the past 9 years was hard to say goodbye to. Leaving a network of safety was painful. I was packing up a business that had grown and was successful to move to a place where I knew no one and start over. A business that was my passion for so many years, all fitting into a trailer to be pulled to a new town. Saying goodbye was bittersweet. It was a chance to be thankful for all that had been blessed upon me, and it was also a chance to embrace tomorrow and the new dreams that lay ahead.

I wanted to share a few pictures from our trip. My dad flew out from North Carolina and helped drive (he did all 2240 miles of 2400) the girls and I out to Michigan. It was such an incredible time to get to spend with him. I don't think we have ever spent four days of just "us" time together. It was once in a lifetime experience to have shared together.

My awesome pilot for this journey. I could not have done this without him!

Bailey and Lucy asleep in the back of the truck. They did such a marvelous job on this journey. No complaints from the backseat!
Beautiful Columbia River in Washington.

Windmills outside of Spokane, WA. I was so enthralled by these pieces of equipment. Perhaps a quilt? :)

Rock formation in Wyoming.

80ft Dinosaur outside of Rapid City, South Dakota.


Hello Chicago! Traffic was insane!




We made it!
We arrived on Labor Day weekend to our new home state. All of our things are still in the back of the trailer...including all of my fabric! My machines are being kept at a family members home, where they are protected and the temperature is regulated. I crave quilting everyday. So.... I finally decided to put my EQ7 skills to the test. I designed a pattern and am now working on writing one! I hope to have it completed with all the kinks worked out by 2017! You know me... lots of negative space and color too! Can't wait to share it with you all!

At the end of this month we are supposed to be closing on a house. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly with this loan process. I never knew the gobs of paperwork that were needed to complete such a transaction! The entire basement is going to be my studio space and I can't wait to get in there and get to work!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Place

Hello :)

Tulip Fields