Pick Me Up

Life is hard. I wish I could go back to the days of being five and not having a care in the world. Not have to pay bills, deal with deaths, family drama, marriage issues, customer complaints, waiting in lines, the list could go on and on. But... you can't be five forever and have to grow up and eventually make your own decisions.

Having moved here (Michigan) last September, my entire being has changed. Some may not understand, and they don't have to. Living in a new place and not seeing the ones you want to see everyday is hard. I consider myself an artist, and maybe it is that free spirit inside that is calling me home to Washington again. I must listen to myself and do what is best. My art has been affected and so has my relationships. Therefore I am moving back next month. I don't know all the details yet and I am leaving those up to God. Needless to say I am tired of struggling and want to be home!

This quilt done by Lisa was a God send. Literally. It picked me up when I was down and made me realize that I still have the spirit inside me to continue my longarm work and still have my mojo. I enjoyed every single minute I worked on it, and I almost wish it was bigger so that I could still be working on it. I was able to get into a rhythm with this quilt and it soothed my soul. Do you ever have projects like that?

Lisa said she wanted simple because it was a modern quilt and therefore straight lines and a bit of pebbling were the answer. I had to get on Pinterest and be inspired by others work and the above picture is what I chose to complete in the grey portion of this quilt.
The only ruler I used on this quilt was my straight ruler. There was no need for any other ruler and I love being able to have simplicity when I am quilting. I did have to change thread as I completed the greys first to hold the quilt down. It has an ombre effect and I needed to be able to blend the greys without having the thread stand out too much. I just wanted texture in these blocks.
The inside of each colored block was done like this blue one. Again the simplistic and yet striking texture was achieved. It makes the colored blocks stand out even more. I had to change thread color for every colored block, but that was ok! I enjoyed seeing this quilt transform!
Lisa was very happy with this quilt! She is taking it with her to Quilt Con in Savannah next week. I should have given her business cards to take with her! Oh pregnant brain!

Anyways, it always amazes me the things God gives you when you most need it. This "Pick Me Up" quilt was just what I needed and He knew it.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Place

Hello :)

Tulip Fields