Folks...We have a winner!

I have about five minutes before little miss wakes up, so this might be quick!
Miss Norah sleeping
I wanted to share my quilt, "Triple Diamonds" that I have been working on since last fall. Some of you may have seen the progress on Instagram or Facebook. It is my own original design and this past weekend it won 1st Place Large Quilts at the Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt Show in my home town! I am beyond happy to have accomplished another win. Without the help of my family for their continued support, my clients who trust me to quilt for them, and my friends who make me laugh when it has been a stressful day, this would not be possible.

Hanging at the show. 

I knew when I started this quilt that the outside and inside navy borders would have straight lines. Straight lines in the outside border make the quilt hang straight. Also, the width of the inside and outside navy borders are the same, so to keep it consistent, I wanted to carry the straight lines in both areas.

I had also watched a Judi Madsen video on "Fabulous Borders". I loved her design of the diamonds and her fill work, so I wanted to try it out and this was the perfect quilt to do it on! I am really happy with the end result.
Border design
 This inside white design took a few days to contemplate. I had created the outline and then decided how to fill it in with the feathers and the fill work in the diamond sections. I just love how the texture turned out!
Inside white block with feathers
 This inside white block with straight lines was super simple to design but the result is stunning. Look at that texture and the difference between this white block and the other design. Same space, different design and texture elements. If you take a look at the entire quilt hanging you will see how I alternated the different textures in the different block areas. I feel like I really spiced this quilt up!
Inside block with straight lines and fill
 Inside the connecting diamond I decided to do cross hatching. You will see this in the outside border in the cornerstones too.
Cross hatching inside the diamonds
 Inside the green fabric here, I wasn't really sure what to do. It took me a day to figure it out. I decided on continuous line curves and a diamond in the center area to carry the theme.
Continuous curves in the green

 Here Norah and I are in front of "Triple Diamonds" showing off our ribbon. This was Norah's first show of many!
Picture after the win with little Miss!
Here is a picture of the quilt on my cutting table when it was completed. I love the texture!  
Look at that texture!
I loved being able to hang another ribbon on my wall. I really worked hard on this quilt and feel as though my quilting has progressed and gotten more precise. My design work has also gotten more intricate and complimenting of the design of the quilt.

Oh! Norah is starting to wake up! Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Place

Hello :)

Tulip Fields